Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The most dreaded,BED REST....

Last week my blood pressure spiked pretty high, but I was able to rest and it came back down and was ok the rest of the week. Well, yesterday my volunteers noticed I wasn't looking so good, but I claimed to be feeling fine. By the end of my playroom session my head was hurting. I decided to have my blood pressure checked on my unit as I do often. My blood pressure was high. It usually goes down after sitting for a minute, but that was not the case this time. I got a little worried and called the Angels hot line number which is a number they give all their pregnant pts to call when there are questions or concerns. After talking to the nurse she was first advised to send me straight to labor and delivery, but decided to give my doctor a call first. Of course he wanted to see me right away in his office. I liked that idea much better. When I got to the doctor they checked my blood pressure which was now higher than it was at work. They hooked me up to a Doppler and monitored the baby's heart rate for about 20 minutes and gave me a button to push every time I felt her move. Dr. Wendel came in and said the baby is fine, but I am finished working. He said, "You can continue to be pregnant or go to work". Obviously I want to do whatever is best for the baby. I did ask him if I could get my hair cut Thursday. He said absolutely not and also said "Do not be doing a lot of shit around the house !" You gotta love him, he does know women.
So bed rest has begun and it feels like I am trapped. My first thoughts last night were of my Dad sending me to my room for 10 minutes for being a brat, but this will be MUCH LONGER!!! The baby has been doing flip flops so I think she is taking it pretty well. My next appointment is next Monday. He will do an ultrasound so maybe I will know a little more about when he will induce me or if he will induce. He did say I will not carry her to full term most likely. We'll see... I'll keep you all posted.

6 comments:

Jeremy and Melissa said...

Stephanie - heard about you being put on bedrest. Hang in there! I loved your doctor's comments about not doing anything around the house. Take it easy! I have several friends who have the same doctor as you, and they've loved him. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I miss my daily updates already! You take it easy, have John rent you some movies, and get caught up on daytime tv! I think I saw every reality show that existed in the few weeks I was home waiting on Gavin! Take care and PLEASE call me if you need anything at all!!!!

auntie andi said...

stephanie-i'm SO SORRY you have to be on bedrest...WE MISS YOU! if you need anything, please call! ; )

Unknown said...

Rest now because you will soon be on someone else's sleep schedule. Let me know if you are up for visitors and Ethan and I will come by. Glad you are taking care of yourself.

Gaylord said...

Stephanie, We are allready missing you in the playroom. JoElla and I will have you in our morning prayers.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, the BED REST is over! Congratulations on Natalie Elizabeth!!!! I can't wait to meet her! We will see you soon!