Sunday, April 13, 2008

Awaiting the new addition to our family...

Since this is the first posting I'll give you a little history. John and I got married March 25, 2006 (best day of my life so far). We decided to try to start a family in 2007. I found out I was pregnant in January. On March 15, the doctor told me I would miscarry. Three weeks later we were in the emergency room. I miscarried April 4th. I think that was the longest 3 weeks of my life. After physically and emotionally recovering we decided to give it another try. I am now 23 weeks pregnant and we are still trying to take it all in...which is why there has been a delay on starting a blog. When you have a miscarriage it is hard to believe sometimes that everything will be ok.

My last doctor's appointment was interesting. This was the appointment we find out how the baby is doing, the gender, and get a recording of the ultrasound. The great news is the baby is doing great as well as me. The ultrasound tech assumed the doctor would have me come back in 2 weeks and said they would record then. Well, that wasn't the case and I had no recording. We also wanted to know if it was a boy or girl. The little sucker had it's legs crossed so it is still a mystery. John's words, "It is already being a pain in the #$%@".
My next appointment is April 21st. We will get an unofficial ultrasound because of the techs mistake of not recording. Hopefully we will find out if it is a boy or girl. Now that you are all caught up I will keep the updates coming.

Love, Steph

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Stephanie, You did a very nice job writing your blog. I hope my comment works because you know how I am on the computer. I know your next blog will be very special because you will be telling us whether this sweet baby is going to be a boy or a girl. I can't wait! love, Mother

auntie andi said...

STEPH!!! look how BEAUTIFUL you look! oh, and now your gonna be a mommy...a GREAT one at that! ; ) -andi